Click play below to listen to the podcast
Welcome to this weeks episode of Season 1 of the Interior Style Hunter Podcast, where you get an inside view of the design world from a business perspective.
Today’s episode is a unique interview featuring your host, Grant Pierrus. Grant is the owner of the award winning London based interior design blog, Interior Style Hunter!
Inside this episode, Grant shares his story of how he got started in the interior design space, the major tipping points in his career, and why Grant values building a strong design community above all.
Stay tuned to today’s special episode to find out more! And a very special mention to Renu Ravalia who interviewed Grant.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Grant’s story and how he got started in the interior style space.
- Why Grant did not tell anyone about his blog, initially.
- The tipping point that lead to Grant “outing” himself on his blog.
- Grant’s year 1 goal: building a strong profile.
- What makes Interior Style Hunter unique in the design sector.
- The point when Grant realized he needed to switch careers.
- Collaborations and projects that Grant has enjoyed the most.
- How the design world has changed over the last few years.
- Grant’s focus on building a strong design community.
- How social media has helped Grant grow his business.
- Interior designers worth watching, according to Grant.
- The challenge of finding the balance between work and life.
- Why Grant decided to move his team to the virtual office concept.
- Critical lessons that Grant has learned in his business over the years.
- The importance of building an incredible team for your business.
- Grant’s biggest achievement working in the interior design space.
- Future goals for Interior Style Hunter: building a strong community.
- Grant’s personal goals for himself and his business.
- How Grant structures his work life schedule to set boundaries.
“You need a network around you and it’s those opportunities within that network that are going to build your business.” — @interiorshunter [0:06:13.1]
“The design world at the moment is very stressed.” — @interiorshunter [0:12:35.1]
“The interior design sector is not very well supported by institutes.” — @interiorshunter [0:13:29.1]
“It’s not about the big numbers; it’s about the real relationships that you build with people.” — @interiorshunter [0:19:43.1]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: