Click play below to listen to the podcast
In this episode of the Interior Style Hunter Podcast we are joined by our friend Karen Howes of Taylor Howes Design!
Having co-founded Taylor Howes 25 years ago, Karen has an incredible range of experience and wisdom to share and we hear from her on a variety of topics. We’re both looking forward to an exciting future for the design world.
We chat about the ethos and forward facing nature of her philosophy, something that Karen sees as integral to progressive and interesting design work. We also talk about nurturing talent, evolving roles and building relationships with suppliers.
Karen is kind enough to share some of the exciting new projects in which she is involved and tells us about Place2Be, Business of Design and the latest collection launching shortly, Love at Dusk.
For an inspiring talk with a designer at the top of their game, be sure to tune in!
Key Points From This Episode:
- The ethos of Taylor Howes and looking forward to the future.
- Evolving roles and growing with a company.
- Defining a new model for a successful design business.
- Finding, hiring and nurturing talent to work with.
- A little about Karen’s new venture, Business of Design.
- The launch of Taylor Howes’ new collection, Love at Dusk
- Karen’s two favourite pieces from the collection.
- Getting out into the real world and building relationships with suppliers.
- How the values and ethos of Taylor Howes were compiled and agreed upon.
- Where Karen gets her best ideas first thing in the morning.
- The biggest challenge that has faced Karen and her business.
- Business coaches and how having one helped Karen immensely.
- Looking forward to the future with Karen and Taylor Howes.
- A round of quick-fire questions with Karen!
- And much more!
“We are doing a lot now collaboratively with businesses in terms of design.” — @TaylorHowes [0:05:58.3]
“We have now 19, 20 to 30 year olds commissioning super yachts, it’s a whole different world out there.” — @TaylorHowes [0:11:10.8]
“Being the controlling perfectionist I am, I could only launch it if I felt really that it was the absolute best that we could do.” — @TaylorHowes [0:12:27.]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: