Click play below to listen to the podcast
In this episode of the Interior Style Hunter Podcast we are joined by none other than Joanna Wood! With decades of experience, a hugely successful company, and a resume to die for, who better to discuss the past, present, and future of interiors than Joanna.
In our conversation we talk about some of the fundamental building blocks to Joanna’s practice and how history and lineage play an important part in her approach to fresh and new spaces. We discuss specific projects that she has worked on, notably the recent refurbishment of The King’s Library.
Joanna gives us great insight into what has helped her stay relevant and inspired over so many years and we get some behind the scenes details on her business secrets and tips!
Joanna emphasizes the importance of internal and external relationships and swears by having a strong team performing at their best. We also get to hear a little about Joanna personal favourites in media, design, and destinations.
For all this and much more be sure to listen in!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Joanna’s recent project at The King’s Library.
- The approach that Joanna takes when slipping into the mindset of a space.
- Changes that have happened in the last few decades in interior design.
- The latest trend back towards maximalism, patterns and colours in interiors.
- Looking back at the past for inspiration across the centuries.
- The inclusion of personal favourites and hero pieces in a client’s space.
- Business lessons that Joanna has learned over the years.
- The importance of a strong and high performing team and good relationships.
- How Joanna brings herself and her personality into her work.
- The spaces and places that help Joanna feel inspired.
- Some of the biggest challenges that Joanna has faced running her business.
- The best and worst decisions that Joanna has made in retrospect.
- Looking forward to the future with Joanna and her company.
- A round of quick-fire questions with Joanna!
- And much more!
“I like presenting options and I also probably like pre-organizing myself into whoever’s life it is.” — @joannawooduk [0:03:59.9]
“Now there’s mid-century and then there’s mid century rubbish.” — @joannawooduk [0:11:49.4]
“I love that purity of line of early Georgian.” — @joannawooduk [0:12:55.2]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: