Click play below to listen to the podcast
In this episode of the Interior Style Hunter podcast we welcome a good friend and inspiring creative Shirlie Kemp!
Shirlie has built a brand and business around photographing what she loves in a way that is meaningful to her and has turned a passion into a way to see the world.
In our conversation we talk about about the sensitivity that Shirlie has always felt and the role this plays in how she goes about living and working.
We also cover thoughts on homes and the important roles that the spaces we inhabit have on our mindset.
Shirlie is kind enough to share many of her insights and approaches to her work, which has always been led by her intuition and feelings. Feng Shui has played a big part in the way Shirlie has come to understand the world and we discuss her relationship with this framework and how she has used it during her career.
For all this and much more, listen in!
Key Points From This Episode:
- The project that Shirlie and Grant worked on together in Jordan.
- Shirlie’s extreme sensitivity and how this informs how she works.
- The connection between our personalities and our homes.
- Collecting meaningful and beautiful items for the home from across the globe.
- Shirlie’s experience and interaction with hotels and temporary spaces.
- Space clearing and the processes Shirlie has undertaken in her home.
- How Shirlie approaches photographing interiors.
- The beginnings of Shirlie’s photography career with the birth of her children.
- The organic way in which Shirlie has self-taught and built her skill.
- Shirlie’s favorite places to visit and why she feels at home in the south of France.
- A round of quick fire questions with our guest!
- Shirlie’s lifelong desire to design and build her own home.
- And much more!
“That’s the story of my life really, kind of meeting people at odd places, odd times, nothing is kind of regular in my life.” — @Shirliekemp [0:01:30.8]
“Having that sensitivity, I see where the light is.” — @Shirliekemp [0:04:31.2]
“I have always loved interiors!” — @Shirliekemp [0:15:26.3]
“To this day I don’t know if I do it right!” — @Shirliekemp [0:20:49.9]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: