Click play below to listen to the podcast
Welcome back to episode two of the Interior Style Hunter Podcast! Today on the show we are thrilled to welcome Jordan Cluroe and Russell Whitehead. Jordan and Russel are the founders of 2LG Studio, an Interior Design Studio based in South East London. These two guys have successfully carved out a defined niche in the interior design world in just five years. While doing that, they have built up a great portfolio, collection of collaborations, product designs, and the press is hot on their tracks! At 2LG Studio they offer residential and commercial Interior design services, design consultancy services, and styling services. In this episode, Jordan and Russell share more about their five year journey to success, what it took to get to where they are today, and what it means to be transparent and approachable in the interior design industry today. So don’t miss out on today’s amazing episode!
Key Points From This Episode:
- How Jordan and Russell got started with 2LG Studio, their second career.
- The defining moment for Jordan and Russell: the Great Interior Design Challenge.
- What contributed to their huge success in such a short amount of time.
- Importance of being friendly and approachable in the interior design industry.
- Why Jordan and Russell’s work is so driven by people.
- How the word “Lovely” is integrated into Jordan and Russell’s brand.
- Sticking to your gut feeling; embracing brand authenticity.
- The values reflected in Jordan and Russell’s work.
- Why there needs to be a bridge between design, interior design, and architecture.
- Learning how to be inspired by what’s happening in design across the globe.
- Advice and tips for growing an interior design business.
- Assessing business opportunities and whether they are right for you.
- Recognizing your limitations and learning to see them as opportunities.
- Biggest challenge Jordan and Russell faced in growing their business.
- Where Jordan and Russell get their best ideas and inspiration.
- What to look forward to from 2LG Studio this year.
- Books that shaped them, who everyone should follow, best gifts they’ve given, and more!
“I think a second career is so refreshing.” — @2lovelygays [0:01:04.1]
“The success happens in those moments of grit.” — @2lovelygays [0:03:02.1]
“If you don’t do it, someone else is going to, so why shouldn’t it be me?” — @2lovelygays [0:04:21.1]
“For us, people are the start point of every project and that’s what keeps it exciting.” — @2lovelygays [0:05:34.1]
“If you do stick to your convictions and follow through on them, then you will have success.” — @2lovelygays [0:07:21.1]
“An old-fashioned approach has been that people view interior design as shopping and it’s just about buying pretty things to put within a space.” — @2lovelygays [0:10:38.1]
“There are key moments in any growth of a business where you have to take a leap of faith at certain points.” — @2lovelygays [0:12:02.1]
“It’s key to see your limitations as opportunities rather than boundaries.” — @2lovelygays [0:13:32.1]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Jordan Cluroe — https://twitter.com/jcluroe
Russell Whitehead — https://twitter.com/rustypw
2LG Studio — http://www.2lgstudio.com/
2LG Studio on Twitter — https://twitter.com/2lovelygays
London Design Festival — https://www.londondesignfestival.com/
London Design Fair — https://www.londondesignfair.co.uk/
Get Your Sh*t Together — https://www.amazon.co.uk/Get-Your-Sh-Together-Bestseller/dp/1786484080
Sight Unseen — https://www.sightunseen.com/
Nick Ross — https://nckrss.com/